Gifts That Make an Impact Now
Charitable Gifts from Your IRA
Many donors feel that the direct transfer of funds from an IRA is a great way to make their compassion for animals a part of their legacy while reducing their taxable income.
Here’s how it works:
- You must be 70 1/2 years or older.
- An individual may transfer up to a total of $105,000 per year and a married couple may give up to $210,000.
- An individual may take a one-time QCD up to $53,000 to fund a charitable gift annuity (CGA) or charitable remainder trust (CRT).
- Your gift must be transferred directly from the IRA account to Lollypop Farm.
- Your gift is a transfer of funds from your IRA to Lollypop Farm, so it does not create taxable income for you and is not considered a charitable tax deduction.
- If you are 73 and older, the transfer of funds counts towards your annual Required Minimum Distribution from your IRA.
If you’re interested in this popular way to support Lollypop Farm, download our helpful resource, “How to Make a Charitable IRA Gift,” here.
Gifts of Real Estate
You may wish to transfer ownership of real estate to Lollypop Farm to protect animals for years to come. In doing so, you remove the property from your estate and relieve yourself of any future management worries. In addition, you can deduct the appraised value of the property from your income tax liability and avoid capital gains tax liability. If interested in this type of gift, please call 585-295-5260 or email email@example.com to discuss further.
Gifts of Stock
By giving stocks, bonds, and mutual funds that have appreciated in value, you may receive a charitable income tax deduction for the full market value of the stock (up to a maximum of 30% of your adjusted gross income) and avoid paying the capital gains tax on any increase in the value of the stock. To receive instructions on how to easily transfer stock to Lollypop Farm, please call 585-295-5260 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gifts of Cash
This type of gift is simple and eligible for an immediate charitable tax credit.
The Impact of Your Giving
Could spay or neuter over a dozen animals
One unaltered dog/cat and his/her offspring can produce thousands of puppies/kittens in their lifetime. There are more cats/dogs than available homes. Spay/Neuter ensures that your pet will not contribute to the number of pets in shelters each year.
Could feed the shelter animals for a year
The purchase of food for the shelter animals can vary considerably based on the needs of the residents. Your support will enable the Lollypop Farm to provide quality nutritiously healthy meals.
Could build and maintain enclosures for the farm animals
Providing safe and secure enclosures and paddock areas for the farm animals is essential in the rehabilitation and welfare for all the residents at Lollypop Farm.
Complimentary planning resources are just a click away!
Learn more about easy ways to leave a legacy with our free guides!